Thursday, September 29, 2016

What is my responsibility?


Here is the tried and true frustrating moment in a teachers life... Are you ready for it?

You have just give out an activity and within 10 minutes your little ones are finished and telling you that they are bored and have nothing to do. Your response???

I would always say to my students, can you go and be a responsible student and move on to the next task. But does that really mean to a 5-8 year old? More times than not, we as adults fail to model what we expect our students to really do.

Ok maybe I exaggerated, we as teachers would not do that would we? Maybe we have modeled it over and over until we are blue in the face, but this little unit is a really fun and easy way to remind students what their responsibility is in school, at home, during play time, etc.

Check it out and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment